The benefits of obtaining a Bulgarian passport via the Program for Residence and Citizenship include low taxation, capital investment and operating costs, and access to citizenship in the European Union. Those seeking Bulgarian passport are generally rewarded by Bulgaria’s strategic location within Europe, leveraging Bulgaria’s visa-free travel agreements with more than 140 countries.
Further, those who pursue second citizenships and ultimately choose Bulgaria, benefit from its Program for Residence and Citizenship that does not require participants to reside permanently in the country.
BENEFITS OF BULGARIAN PASSPORT
– Opportunity to live in any EU country
– Investment loans granted by leading Bulgarian financial institutions
– Residency in Bulgaria not required
– No taxes levied on investors not residing in the country
– Low income tax rate (10%)
REQUIREMENTS FOR BULGARIAN PASSPORT
– Possession of a valid passport
– Documented proof of the source of invested funds
– The investor must not have a previous criminal record
OPTION 1 (STANDARD)*
BGN 1 million (EUR 511,292)
Invest in a fully-guaranteed government bond portfolio for five years
At term, the investment is returned to the investor without accrued interest
OPTION 2 (FAST-TRACK)*
Invest BGN 1 million (EUR 511,292) in government-guaranteed bonds
Invest an additional BGN 1 million (EUR 511,292) one year later
Hold both investments for two years (minimum) after citizenship is granted
This option requires one year of permanent residency (minimum)
* may be financed through Apex Capital Partners Corp. via a one-time irrecoverable investment.
APEX sells and develops real estate internationally. Learn more about our end-to-end client representation and project management from concept to completion.
Offering a comprehensive suite of financial and advisory services, APEX assists clients in navigating the complexities of international investing.
APEX empowers clients with a range of investment advice, enabling more informed decision-making and the accomplishment of their financial goals.
Vice-president, International operations and business development
« A second citizenship will last for generations; you will be able to pass it on to your children and grandchildren.»